- Managing partner, attorney at law
- Head of corporate practice
- Head of tax and customs practice
Yaroslav Romanchuk consults clients on the most complex issues of corporate, tax and customs law, transfer pricing, commercialization of intellectual property, tax planning using intangible assets, business restructuring, asset protection, fraud and corruption risk management in the corporate sector, and has experience in conducting forensic investigations.
Yaroslav represents the interests of both national and international companies in the most complex corporate, tax and customs disputes.
He has a high level of awareness of Polish and Ukrainian business environment, successfully provides legal support to international companies when entering the Ukrainian market and to Ukrainian companies when entering new European markets.
Yaroslav is recommended by authoritative international legal directories, Chambers&Partners, Legal 500, Best Lawyers, World Tax, World TP, as a leading domestic expert in tax law.
He is a winner in the nominations of the Legal Awards Ukraine 2019 in the nomination «Best Tax Consulting Lawyer», the winner of the Legal Awards Ukraine 2017 in the nomination «The Best Lawyer in Tax Disputes» and the winner of the Legal Awards Ukraine 2015 in the nomination «The Best Tax Lawyer».
According to the results of the research of the Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients and TOP-50 Law Firms of Ukraine 2013-2022, Yaroslav is among the TOP-5 lawyers in the field of tax law.
Yaroslav participates at legislative processes during draft tax laws creation and improvement; he is an author of numerous publications in Ukrainian and foreign media and regularly participates in various conferences, forums, round tables, workshops in Ukraine and abroad.
Membership and activities:
- Member of the Entrepreneurial Council under the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
- Chairman of the Board of the Eastern European Institute for Combating Fraud, Corruption and Forensic Investigations
- Chairman of the Board of the Association of Ukrainian Business in Poland
- Partner of the TPA Global (Amsterdam)
- Member of the International Fiscal Association
- Board Member of the Ukrainian Business Association
- Head of the Supervisory Board of the Transfer Pricing School
Previous membership and activities:
- President of the Tax Advisers Association (2014-2016)
- Vice President of the Polish Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce (Warsaw) (2014-2016)
- Vice President of the International Chamber of Commerce Ukraine (2010-2014)
- Member of the ICC Commission on Taxation (Paris) (2012-2016)
- Head of the Public Council at the Ministry of Income and Charges of Ukraine (2012-2014)
- Head of the Public Council at the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine (2010-2012)
Recent client experience:
- Representation of Kyivstar, the leading mobile operator in Ukraine, in a number of tax disputes related to the abolition of illegal tax notifications of decisions, including the issue of VAT refunds from the state budget
- Representing the interests of Savik Shuster Studio on appealing tax notices and defending journalist Savik Shuster in criminal proceedings for tax evasion
- Representation of interests of PJSC “LINIK”, the second largest refinery in Ukraine, in a number of tax disputes on the abolition of tax notices-decisions
- Representation of the interests of the shipping company “Ukrrichflot” in appealing tax notices-decisions in courts
- Representing the interests of the TNK-BP group of companies, a leading oil and gas company, in tax disputes, including VAT refunds from the state budget
- Representing the interests of Mikogen-Ukraine, one of the leaders in the production of compost for growing mushrooms on the European market, in disputes with the tax authorities on the cancellation of their illegal decisions
- Advising Fozzy Group, one of the largest commercial and industrial groups in Ukraine, on corporate business structuring using Polish jurisdiction
- Representing the interests of OPOS-TORG LLC, leading international meat suppliers in Ukraine, regarding the inclusion of the company in the list of risky taxpayers and blocking the company’s activities
- Master of law, Kyiv University of Law of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- International Certificate FIDIC (Practical Use of FIDIC Conditions of Contracts, provided by AECU)
- Lincoln Law School of San Jose (California, USA), Certificate of Completion, Law Firm Management Training, 2015
Recognition and awards: